Today's Chicago Tribune article reports the tragic news of deaths in Rogers Park due apparent carbon monoxide poising. CO2 is a silent killer and can tragically kill in a matter of minutes without the occupants knowing there is any problem. CO2 can accumulate for many reasons - including a faulty furnace, block exhaust, etc. Tragically, for one family in Rogers Park, awareness and prevention against this common risk come too late.
Let this event teach us all the importance of appropriate detectors. Get them and install them. f you have them already, make sure they are functioning properly. Change batteries routinely. Also, be aware that some detectors have a limited lifetime and require replacement after a period of time. Don't let a tragedy like this strike again.
Related PostsChicago Property Taxes Too High? Appeal. Andersonville is teaming with great art....Check out Chuck Meyers Welcome Agents (New and Old) to the iMove Chicago Team Get Ready for a New Year's Parade